Ph.D University College Dublin 1994
Tel:00353 1 7083786
Field:International Trade and Industrial Organization.
Summary of Degrees
1994: Ph.D. from University College Dublin.
1985: Master of Arts in Economics from University College Dublin.
1982: Batchelor of Arts in Economics from Trinity College Dublin.
Summary of Appointments
2007:-… Senior Lecturer in Economics at NUI Maynooth.
2005 – 2007: Senior Lecturer in Economics at University College Dublin
1995 – 2005: College Lecturer in Economics at University College Dublin
1994 – 1995: Lecturer in Economics at University of Birmingham
1991 – 1994: Assistant Lecturer in Economics at University College Dublin
1986 – 1991: Lecturer in Economics at Dublin Institute of Technology
Main fields: International Trade and Industrial Organisation
Topics include: R&D Policy, Labour Standards and Foreign Direct Investment,
Trade and Uncertainty, Strategic Trade and Industrial Policy, Mergers and Outsourcing.
- 2002-2005: Member of the Programme Committee of the Irish Economic Association.
- 1999-2003: Associate Editor of the Economic and Social Review.
- 1998: Member of the Programme Committee of the European Economic Association (EEA) Annual Conference in Berlin.
- Referee for several international economics journals, including: the American Economic Review, the Review of Economic Studies, the European Economic Review, the Economic Journal, the International Economic Review, the Journal of International Economics, Economica, the Rand Journal of Economics and the International Journal of Industrial Organization.
- 2006: Awarded Science Foundation Ireland Grant under the Research Frontiers Programme (RFP2006) for Globalisation and the strategic behaviour of multinational firms.
- Served on Ph.D. committees:
-Greetje Everaert (June 2005, KU Leuven, Belgium) and Ali Naghavi (April 2004,University College Dublin) and Fergal McCann (January 2010, University College Dublin)
- EC201 - Intermediate Microeconomics II
- EC318 - International Trade
- EC601 - Microeconomic Theory I
- EC602 - Microeconomic Theory II
- EC618 - International Trade