Dr. Bridget McNally
Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting,
- 1985: Admission to the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland1
- 1987: Admission to the Institute of Taxation in Ireland
- 2005: M. Litt. - School of Business Studies, University of Dublin, Trinity College.
- 2011: Phd. - School of Business Studies, University of Dublin, Trinity College.
ORGANISATION: NUI, Maynooth.
DATE: September 2000, to date.
POSITION: Lecturer in Accounting – Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting
TAUGHT COURSES (2011/2012): AC101, AC501, AC605, AC699
B.A. Finance and Accounting, Masters in Accounting, Higher Diploma in Professional Accounting.
COURSE CO –ORDINATOR (2011/2012).
MA Accounting, H.Dip. in Professional Accounting, First Year Undergraduate Accounting.
Pension Provision in Ireland.
- "The Role of Costs in Pension Fund performance"
- "The subjectivity of the Actuarial Process"
- "The Responsibilities of trustees – decision makers not decision making facilitators"
- "FRS 19 - Deferred Tax - Is not SSAP 15 in Disguise - Find Out Why!"
- "Accountancy Ireland" (Journal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland)- June 2002 (Vol 34, )
ORGANISATION: Irish Life Assurance Plc.
DATE: 1991 to September 2000
POSITION: Group Tax Manager. Upon the merger in 1999 of the Irish Life Group with the Irish Permanent Group, I became Group Tax Manager of the Irish Life and Permanent Group.
ORGANISATION: Arthur Andersen & Co, Chartered Accountants.
DATE: 1985 – 1991
POSITION: Taxation, Senior progressing to Taxation Manager
ORGANISATION: Kenny Doody & Co. Chartered Accountants
DATE: 1980 – 1985
POSITION: Trainee accountant.
- AC101 Principles of Financial Acocunting I
- AC501 Financial Accounting
- AC609 Finance for Accounting
- AC699 Theses Supervision