Dr. Olive Sweetman
PhD Economics University of Iowa 1994
DATE OF BIRTH May 17 1966
Work Address Telephone
Dept. of Economics, Finance and Accounting 01-7083556
NUI Maynooth E-Mail: email@example.com
Maynooth, Co. Kildare
MAJOR FIELDS OF CONCENTRATION
Income Inequality and Intergenerational Mobility
Economics of Education
Economics of Education
- PhD Economics University of Iowa 1994
- M.A Economics University College Dublin 1987
- B.A Economics University College Dublin 1986
- 1995- present Lecturer in the Department of Economics at NUI Maynooth.
- 1993-1995 Contract Lecturer in the Department of Economics at the University of Newcastle.
- 1989-1993 Teaching /Research Assistant in the Department of Economics at the University of Iowa.
- 1987-1989 Junior Economist at the Central Bank of Ireland
- Managing Editor of the Economic and Social Review 2010-
- Member of the Council of Economic and Social Studies, 2010-
- Member of the Irish Economic Association committee. 2010-
- Member of the Quarterly Economic Commentary Editorial Board 2007-2009.
- Member of the Socio-Economic Panel of Advisors for the Growing up in Ireland project. 2006-
- Member of Assessment Committee to assess proposals for the Combat Poverty Research Initiative April 2006.
- External member of Board of Assessors for position of Lecturer in Economics, National University of Ireland, Galway December 2005.
- Chair of Combat Poverty Research Committee 2005- May 2006present.
- Member of Assessment Committee for PhD Awards for Combat Poverty June 2005.
- Member of Board of Assessors for Research Officer position Combat Poverty, December 2004.
- Member of Board of Assessors for Policy and Research Analyst position Combat Poverty, 2004.
- Member of Assessment Committee to assess proposals for the Combat Poverty Research Initiative June 2004.
- Member of Assessment Committee to assess proposals for the Combat Poverty study on Tax and Equity April 2004.
- Member of Assessment Committee for PhD Awards for Combat Poverty June 2003.
- Member of the Board of Combat Poverty 2003- present
- External advisor to Indecon International Economic Consultants on a successful tender to the
Department of Justice, Equality and Law reform regarding a sectoral study to identify the gender pay gap December 2001.
- Economic and Social Review
- Journal of Economic Inequality
- O.Sweetman with A. Barrett and T. Callan ( ESRI) and A. Doris and D.O’Neill (NUI Maynooth) “ Male-Female Wage Differentials in Ireland” Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform (with ESRI).
- O.Sweetman. “Inequality and its Implications for the Irish Labour Market” Social Science Research Council (with Donal O’Neill).
- Olive Sweetman. “Inequality in Ireland” with T. Callan and B.Nolan (ESRI) and D. O’Neill NUI Maynooth. Combat Poverty Agency (with ESRI).
- "Earnings Dynamics and Inequality across European Countries" (with A.Doris and D.O’Neill) approved for funding by the International Assessment Board reviewing the IRCHSS Government of Ireland Small Research Project Grants. (€39176) November 2007.