- Prospective Students
- For Postgraduates
- For Undergraduates
- Head of Department
- Academic Staff
- Administrative Staff
Dr. Simon Broome
D.Phil. University of York
DPhil, University of York
Refereed Journal articles
- “Long-Run and Short Run Linkages between Stock Prices and Interest Rates in the G-7”. Joint with Bruce Morley. Applied Economics Letters, Vol 7 (2000)
- “The lifetime of a unilateral target zone: Some extended results,” Journal of International Money and Finance Vol 20 (2001) 419-438
- “The Stock Market, Money Demands and the Asian Crisis." Joint with Dr Bruce Morley, Journal of Asian Economics Vol 15 (2004), 189-197
- “Stock prices and the monetary model of the exchange rate: An empirical investigation,” Joint with Bruce Morley, Chinese International Conference on Financial Engineering: Papers and Proceedings, (2005).
- “Limited reserves and the optimal width of an exchange rate target zone,” Open Economies Review, Vol 16 (2005), 263-281
- Differences in Investment Patterns around the world: Chapter 18 of Surveys in Finance, Oxford University Press Eds H. Kent Baker & Leigh Riddick
- A DSGE model of the Irish Crisis – the role of house prices and the financial accelerator
- Extensions to the competence model of the political business cycles.
2002-2007, Member of the Maynooth Finance Research Group, partners in the Institute for International Integration Studies, based at Trinity College Dublin, and were successful in obtaining €8.4 million in funding under Cycle 3 of the PRTLI.
- Political Economy
- Macroeconomic Theory 1 & 2 (MA)
- Maths for Economists (MA)
- Julie Byrne 2009
Colin Birmingham (joint with Prof. M. Roche) 2010