- Prospective Students
- For Postgraduates
- For Undergraduates
- Head of Department
- Academic Staff
- Administrative Staff
MPhil (Economics) (1999, University of Oxford)
Academic Qualifications (Year, Institution)
- BA (1994, University College Dublin)
- MA (Economics) (1995, University College Dublin)
- MPhil (Economics) (1999, University of Oxford)
Research fields/Interests (keywords)
- Industrial Organisation
- Environmental Economics
- Economics of Sport
External links (1999/2000 – 2010/11)
Conference and Seminar presentations
- ‘Doping, Fair Play and Sanctions in Sporting Contests’, Irish Economic Association annual conference, April 2011.
- ‘Process R&D and Pollution Abatement innovation: Subsidies or Joint Ventures?’, Public Economic Theory conference, Galway, June 2009.
- ‘Process R&D and Pollution Abatement innovation: Subsidies or Joint Ventures?’, Irish Economic Association annual conference, Cork, April 2009.
- ‘Economic Aspects of Competition and Regulation’, presented to Regulatory Impact Assessment group, Dublin, October 2005.
- ‘The effect of R&D leadership on Research Joint Venture formation’, European Doctoral Group in Economics Jamboree, University College Dublin, September 2004.
- ‘First-movers, Demand Uncertainty and Research Joint Ventures’, Irish Economic Association annual conference, Belfast, April 2004.
- ‘Less is more? Research Joint Ventures and entry deterrence’, Irish Economic Association annual conference, Mullingar, April 2002.
- ‘Research Joint Ventures: a barrier to entry?’, Irish Economic Association annual conference, Portumna, April 2001.
- ‘Research Joint Ventures; a barrier to entry?’, Dublin Economics Workshop, NUI Maynooth, October 2000.
- International Economic Review
- Journal of International Economics
- Economic and Social Review
Postgraduate thesis supervision
I am a currently serving on a PhD supervision committee for a NUI Maynooth student
Modules taught at NUI Maynooth 2002/3 – 2010/11
- EC110: Intermediate Microeconomics I
- EC201: Microeconomics 2 (EC201)
- EC208: Applied Economics: Industrial Economics and Policy
- EC209: Public Sector Economics (EC209)
- EC215: Game Theory and Strategic Behaviour
- EC301: Advanced Microeconomics
- EC311: Economics of the Environment and Natural Resources
- EC327: Economics of Sport
- SP206 & SP208: Economics of Social Policy (BSocSc module offered by the Centre for Applied Social Studies)
- ES310: Economics and Culture (module offered as part of the European Studies degree programme)
- EC601: Microeconomics 5 (EC601)
- EC621: Theoretical Aspects of Regulatory Economics (EC621)
- Economics of Social Policy (module of the Masters in European Social Policy Analysis under the direction of the Centre for Applied Social Studies)